Monday, June 4, 2012

Cycle Six, Day Thirty Eight

I made good on my resolve to not test until twelve days past IUI#2, which was thirteen days after my hcg trigger shot since the trigger shot gave me false positives for twelve days during my first IUI cycle.

The waiting really wasn't that hard.  I kept busy and had fun. 

Then yesterday finally arrived.  DH left for the airport at some insane time like 4 a.m. and I didn't even get out of bed until 8.  I dragged myself to the bathroom, peed in a cup and proceeded to dip my LAST remaining FRER and a Wondfo from a care package that a dear pregnant friend sent to me for good luck.  I waited a few minutes and OMG is that a line?  The Wondfo was positive but the FRER was a BFN.  I dipped another Wondfo.  And then another.  My morning tally was 4 positive Wondfos, one negative Wondfo, and negative FRER.

I immediately went back to bed and just slept for three hours, occasionally turning on the light to look at the positive pee stick I had brought to bed with me.  I texted a picture of it to DH and he said he thought it was pretty faint and maybe it's just the trigger.  "It can't be!," I exclaimed.

Determined, I got out of bed and made my way to the drug store.  I have a loaner car from the dealership that has XM radio and it is amazing.  I could drive that car all day!  Which is odd because I hate driving!  I get to CVS and purchase a box of three FRER with a coupon and a box of Answer, then turn around and drive to the Dollar Tree and purchase 10 (yes 10!) cheapie tests.

My afternoon was even more promising.  A postitive FRER!  Sure the line was very faint but it was defiinitely there.  I dipped another Wondfo and got a squinter.  There may be a line but there may not be.  Answer was negative and so were two Dollar Trees.  But screw those other tests becasue the FRER was positive!  Cue excitement.

Then for reasons that escape me at this point I went out again later in the day and purchased a box of digitals and another box of FRERs. Two digital errors.  Two!  How could that happen?  And a couple of negative FRERs too.  To be honest I used SO many sticks yesterday that I have lost track now.  Later in the night I was persuaded by online friends to leave the comfort of my home and pajamas so that I would have MORE pee sticks for this morning.  $46 later I had more sticks.


Go to bed.

Wake up.  BFN on digital and maybe a squinter on my very last Wondfo and a I don't know if this is a line on the FRER.  That's where I am now.  I am probably the only person in the history of ever that takes 14 days to metabolize my hcg shot.  That can be the only explanation, right? 

My beta is tomorrow but I'm not too hopeful at this point.


  1. UGH. I too have gone to the drugstore in pajamas and slippers just to have sticks for the morning. I hope that your betas surprise you in a good way. Sorry you've had to go through the ups and downs of all those tests. Thinking about you.

  2. I had almost the same weekend. Sat was 14 dpiui and was positive but was gone by Sun. I ended up having a chemical. My bathroom looked like a pregnancy test factory.

  3. Oh hun... that must have been so hard to get such mixed results. Keeping my FXd for your beta and hoping it's a good BFP :) xoxo