Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cycle 4, Day 23

I am hoping to use this blog to chronicle my adventures in aspiring motherhood. Here's a brief timeline to bring you up to speed on what's happened so far:

July, 2011 - celebrate my first wedding anniversary, stop taking oral birth control pills mid cycle. Get a withdrawal bleed four days later, lasting approximately three days.

September 10, 2011 - get my first post birth control period 57 days after the withdrawal bleed. It lasts 4 days. Start using ovulation predictor kits on the 14th day of my cycle.

November, 2011 - visit the OB on the 69th day of my cycle to talk about my history of irregular cycles. Have an ultrasound and exam. Prescribed Provera but hold off on filling the order. Blood work comes back normal. Finally get period 80 days after the last one. Started temping.

December, 2011 - thrilled to get first positive opk. Temps indicate ovulation may have occurred and my period comes ten days later.

January, 2012 - Turn 32. Start taking vitamin B6. Start blogging.

So there you have it. I "only" started on this whole journey a little over 6 months ago, but my first two cycles were a crazy 56 and 79 days, respectively. Irregular cycles are something I've experienced whenever I've not been taking birth control since I was 14, but with the last cycle being a normal 27 days I'm crossing my fingers that I've finally become regular.

Our intercourse timing was very good last cycle, hitting O-4, O-2, O-1, and O. This cycle, too, we have been getting it on at all the right times, O-3, O-2, O-1, and O. We are in it to win it. I'm only 6DPO right now, so Fertility Friend doesn't recommend I take a pregnancy test for 13 more days. I can unequivocally say that I won't make it that long. If I don't get my period in the next 4 days, I will test Friday morning.

Absolutely no symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment