Monday, February 6, 2012

I'm totally normal. Sigh.

Way back in November on day 69 of my cycle I went to the OB to say "WTF where's my period?" She gave me an ultrasound and prescribed my Provera and told me to get blood drawn on day 3 of my next period.


And finally I have the results of that blood work back. She had told me it was "normal" but I had her mail it to me so I could see for myself what that means.


Yeah, it turns out, I'm totally normal. Here's what I know:


My Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) level was 5.0. Between 4.0 and 6.8 is considered "optimal fertility." So that's nice. In layman's terms, I think this means I produce a lot of follicles (which become eggs). Or something. I don't speak science.


My Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) level is 5.7. Anything under 9 means I have a satisfactory number of eggs still kicking around in my ovaries.


My Throxine (T4) level is 1.07, well within the normal range for a functioning thyroid.


My Luteinizing Hormone (LH) level is 6.7 which apparently means my ovaries are doing just fine, thankyouverymuch.


My Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) level is 1.890, which means (again!) that my thyroid is cool.


And finally, my Prolactin level, which I had previously had been told was low (or high? I can't remember now), was 8.2. This is apparently in the normal range but I can't really find anything that explains why this is important. WebMD sucks.


To tell you the truth, I was a little disappointed to see just how normal I was. I thought maybe I could find an imbalance, pop a pill and get this show on the road. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment