Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Written in the Stars or How I Wasted $5

Way back in early November I consulted an Internet Psychic reputed for her ability to predict when women would get pregnant. No really, I did. It was all the rage on The Bump forums and it was only $5. Within a couple of hours, I had my answer:



"Your reading reveals that your BFP news comes the month of March from a cycle that begins in February. The baby shows as a boy and his EDD/birth date is referenced the month of December 2012 -specific reference to the 5th and 11th. "


Of course, hearing in November that I still had four more months of trying ahead of me before I would become pregnant was a little disappointing. "Of course it will totally happen before then!" But in the back of my mind, March became the new deadline. Not pregnant in January? That's fine, the Internet pyshic says it won't happen until March.

And I'm having a boy! I've (not so) secretly always wanted only boys! Blue! No weddings to pay for! Boys are so less bitchy than girls! Last Christmas I tried to picture myself a year out holding my little boy on my lap. It made me smile.

It wasn't until I dug this old prediction up out of my email that I realized that it may have already been proven false. Since it is already February 7th today and I'm on the 8th day of my cycle, I would have to start my next cycle by the 29th of this month, meaning that this current cycle would be less than 30 days. Could it be so? Keep in mind my cycles have ranged from 27 days to 79 days.


Who knows? Here's hoping the pyschic is totally wrong and I will be pregnant by the end of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment