Sunday, March 18, 2012

Don't Feed After Midnight

The past two days I've tried (and failed) to get the rest of the blood work I need done. Saturday morning I woke up and leisurely checked my email and goofed around online before driving the short distance to the lab. It's my fault, of course, that I didn't read the paperwork before then. I knew I had to fast before going in but I didn't read the part that said I had to have the blood work done by 11 a.m.

So I show up at the lab at around 10:40 and it is a mad house. But I hoped they would see the "must see by 11 a.m." note on my paperwork and scoot me in soon. Wrong. They told me to kick rocks because they don't run "stat" labs at this place. Told me I had to go to the hospital.

I decided not to try and race to the hospital because I probably wouldn't make it by 11. I proceeded to go to the St. Patrick's Day parade and have a good time. I made it an early night because I wanted to be rested and wake up early to find the right lab and get the blood work done this morning. Also I have to fast after midnight.

So I navigate the parking complex of a local hospital and find the outpatient lab and take a number. Except no one ever shows up. Despite what their web site proclaims, the lab is closed on Sundays. I give up and go home.

Thus tomorrow I will try for a third time to get my blood drawn. This means waking up super early because I also have to wash my hair tomorrow. I am NOT a morning person. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment