Friday, March 16, 2012

Thinking about Sperm!

DH is in Europe partying with the boys since we have no kids and plenty of disposable income. But the day after he comes back he has to go to the RE's office to do a Sperm Analysis. So after 8 days of no sex he has to abstain the night he gets back too. Womp womp.

I told him he has to find a way to ejaculate three days before coming home in order to produce the best sample. I have no idea how he's going to do that as he is sharing a room with another dude and he barely has enough alone time to call me for more than ten minutes here and there. Not that it's really my problem. If I can go through all these tests and procedures then he most certainly can find a chance to masturbate.

But let's talk about sperm for a minute. In all my research about getting pregnant I've never really looked into sperm issues at all. Every now and then I'll come across a blogger facing male factor infertility and will think how hard that must be but beyond that I have no knowledge. To be honest, until a few years ago I didn't know what the difference was between sperm and semen. I still am not sure I understand. Semen contains sperm. What else does it contain?

Also, since they never gave me the sample cup at my visit, DH has to go to "The Room" and make his deposit. I'm so curious about this. What is the room like? Will he be able to perform? Will a diet of fast food and booze for a week impact his sample?

I'm not really prepared for him to have an abnormal sample. I know that sounds hypocritical because I have fertility issues but I'm just not ready for him to have them too. It just seems too insurmountable right now.

Next Wednesday can't come fast enough.

1 comment:

  1. We call it the "jack room" LOL! Most of them have a comfy chair or couch and a tv with dvd's and magazines. Or he can take his own. I have actually never gone in the jack room, as hubby prefers to do it solo, but he tells me things. LOL. I hope his results come back good. It is hard enough having one person with issues! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete