Sunday, August 19, 2012

Can you overdose on birth control?

I felt like crap today.  Have felt pretty emotional for days but today I had the worst cramps and just generally feel like death.  I was up late last night so this afternoon I wanted to make sure I remembered to take my birth control.  I really suck at remembering to take them for some reason and usually end up taking it in the morning instead of at night.

So I look at the pack and count "Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, wait, today is Sunday, where is that pill?"

I took it already.

Sometime between last night and this afternoon I accidentally took two birth control pills.  There's all sorts on info on the drug maker's web site about forgetting to take a pill, but nothing about taking two at once.  Luckily some googling has told me it's not a big deal and to take another pill tonight as scheduled.

It's a good thing I don't care about preventing pregnancy and am just taking these things to hopefully reduce my cysts of doom.  Wouldn't it be hilarious if I got an "oops" baby?

2 comments:

  1. If you get an oops baby from this, I'm going to get my doc to put me on BCP too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no harm in taking two besides maybe messing up the effectiveness of the BC part. But your not avoiding that! :). I was once prescribed a fast track pill to stop AF in her tracks and I took 3 pills at once, then 2, then 1 for the rest of the pack. So no worries! Hope this cycles goes fast for you do you can get back to it!

    ReplyDelete